Monday, June 3, 2013

The Third Hardest 16 Miles

Loaded the kids onto the contraption today. The Dude took the seat up front by me and Bubble Toes rode on the tag-a-long in the rear. And with an unrealistic view on my physical prowess and ability to haul these two around, we set off. It's amazing how long these two will ride with me for the simple promise of a snow cone. Cashing in on their willingness to tolerate my need for a workout (or a whooping depending on my point of view of exercise), we went from our house all the way to Bridal Veil Falls. We got a chance to play in the pools of water at the bottom before we loaded back up and went to the splash pads at the Riverwoods Mall. After a nasty "real fruit" snowcone and many apologies from me for the disappointing treat, we headed back home where I rewarded them with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup. And now, after 16 miles of dragging the extra 100+ pounds of children and accessories through what feels like deep pits of sand, I remember why God invented cars.

Singing along with her Ipod.

Lazy kid doesn't even pedal. He just talks.

At Bridal Veil Falls and still happy.

Bubble Toes took this picture of the falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment