Monday, June 3, 2013

The Little Things

Two weeks ago we sang the dreaded hymn to close sacrament meeting. Its the hymn that makes little brother Gary call me and express his desire to be and to have been a better brother. I'm always perplexed by his phone call, because according to Mom, I ruined Gary. Anyway, once the third verse came, I had to set the book down and drop Reggie from my lap. Especially since Gibbs and Bridgette had those twins, I have felt a super urge to see my brother. Maybe I just want to ruin his kids. Maybe it reminds me of those days long since gone. Maybe I just miss my little brother. Either way I suffered through the hymn and composed myself just in time for prayer. Not more than a few days later Gary calls me. He had business to do in Washington state. And it turned out, his connecting flight from Maine through Detroit stopped in SLC. Sometimes its those little things that you need to keep you going. So after a struggle with TSA, some loopholes in security, and some flattery to some unattractive workers, I got through to see him. And what does he do? Squats down just enough in our photo to make it look like I'm taller. Such a good little brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment