Monday, May 6, 2013

Three And Ready To Pounce

Well now that Reggie is three I am noticing he is growing up pretty quick. Three seems to be that age where a lot of the baby stuff is left behind. You can see it in his eyes. He looks like he knows he's up to no good. He is learning to be sneaky. Well, at least HE thinks its sneaky. Turns out that moving really slow counts as sneaky in his world and the slower he makes his moves the sneakier he thinks he is. In this video I have just come home from work and found him in the backyard (where he had been for the past 4 hours). Yes he is hanging out in the pink playhouse, but what you don't see is he has converted it into a garage for all of his construction trucks and blocks. Here is the confrontation.
Sneaky Dad VS Sneaky Dude

Whenever we get home from our bike rides Shadow helps me put the bike away. He has happened to notice that next to the bike is where I keep all of the sporting equipment. A year ago it was football. In fact that was one of his first words. But this Spring it's become baseball. So now he asks to play baseball when we finish putting the bike away. Lucky for him I was a semi-professional-quasi-recreational-near-athletic-baseball-softball champion and former t-ball and girls softball coach. And I just watched Ken Burns' History of Baseball just last year. So I'm feeling confident enough in my ability to play catch with a top heavy three year old. If you watch close you will see he hits his ball into the glove twice before throwing it. Just like his uncle Gary would when we were kids in the backyard.

The other way I can tell the little dude is growing up is how shaky the videos are getting. Must be the non-uniform motion of the earth's subtle rotation on its axis. Yep, it must be.

And then one profile shot of my Shadow showing us his double chin, cute big ears, cowlicks in his hair, dimples on his cheeks and his two seam fastball grip. Kind of what I always thought my clone would look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment