Thursday, April 16, 2015

Spring Break Remodel

So I'm often asked what I do when the Littles leave me to go on vacation. Well, after I eat their candy, break their toys, sleep in their beds, and rummage through their closets to wear their clothes, I get restless and redo their bedrooms. This year, in particular, I felt Nut's room needed a makeover. Something that says "a girl lives here" rather than "a girl's dad decorated". So I enlisted the help of some coworkers and a sister-in-law to put the project together and give me that feminine insight that I'm lacking. And they helped me take a pretty plain room to a whole new level.
BEFORE
IN PROGRESS
 
What you don't see is that we also added a desk, got stuff hung up on the walls and some shelves and blah blah blah. A lot of stuff. Now she's able to have all of her nick nacks out, pictures and other things that were wasting away in storage bins in closets. So here's her reaction when you got back from out of town.
 

 
I really couldn't have done it without Jamie from work and Kip's miracle gal Brittany. And so many people offered little items or help along the way. Thanks guys. It was worth it and I love it. And every time I see this video I smile. Big. And now this is her favorite place. She even does homework at her desk by the light of her Eiffel Tower lamp.
 The dude got a new bookshelf and room design too, but he still colors out at the living room table.

No comments:

Post a Comment