Monday, June 29, 2015

I'm Going To Die

After she got out those words smothered in tears and hyperventilation, Little Nut had a great time at my company's Lagoon Day. Little did I know the free-fall ride would get her so worked up. This is the girl that raises her arms in the air and screams with delight when we drive downhill. The one who cheated her height to get onto rollercoasters when she was as young as three. The one who went on Tower of Terror four times on our last trip to Disneyland. So yes. I forced her, in her agony, onto the ride. She's ok now and recovering. But it was a sight to see! And suddenly Liitle Dude didn't want to go on any ride that had stairs leading up to it. Because he has learned that stairs going up means ride going down. He clung onto a pole and refused to continue. So I broke both his arms and hauled him up the ride. It was a rough start to the day for the Littles, but everyone rides in this family! After having them both in tears in the first 30 minutes, I was able to convince them to enjoy the rest of the day. Uncle Kip and Aunt Brittany came with us, as did Grandpa Mike and Grandma Paula.


The kids wanted prizes so I had to play some of the carny booths. I outmuscled the "how fast can you throw" booth for some nice Dodgers flags. And Grandma and Grandpa helped the Littles pop balloons and pick get enough duckies for their stuffed animals.
 


And here's the proof we had fun on the rollercoasters.

1 comment: